Wednesday, February 9, 2011

And Here's ... BUDDY

Buddy is not our favorite name for a dog, especially since that is the name we call Collin, the cat, and anyone whose name has slipped our minds (which is happening more and more often with each passing month). We'd like to change it but how do you explain to a dog, in a way that he will comprehend, that his name is now Abercrombie? (That wouldn't be his name because I'm the only one who likes it.) Seriously, any ideas are welcome. But, nevertheless, BUDDY has arrived and we adore him. Except we don't appreciate his woman's shoe fetish - four shoes in four weeks. Other than that he has fit in so well. My favorite things about him are:

* Very soft fur. His ears could possibly be the softest thing I have ever touched.
*  He sits every time you pet him.
*  His lip gets stuck behind his vampire tooth on one side or the other nearly every time he closes his mouth.
*  When you talk to him he cocks his head to one side and looks at me more intently than my children.
*  He gets right up in the morning - unlike most of the other dependents in my household.
*  He sleeps with Katy and not me.

He's definitely a great part of the family. We'll keep him!!!

Life is Good - and pets can make it even better.
  
P.S. We still really miss Cruiser!

2 comments:

thorkgal said...

Awe. Congratulations on the new addition!
Name wise, when we got our demon dog Hazel, she came with the name Apple which I thought was stupid. We just picked the closest name in syllables and sound... hence Hazel. (Try to match Apple. Ugh.)She adjusted just fine, then we had to find her a new home before she destroyed ours.

Emily said...

He looks ADORABLE!! And the fact that he is more obedient than your children makes him the best thing ever. He looks like a Charlie to me.

In other news, I was talking to my dental hygienist and turns out she knows you. (I ask everyone -of course- if they know you.) Syd Winn, whose husband grew up I think next door to the Grants. She knows you pretty well, turns out! Anyway, lucky day to find someone else who loves Robyn!