Sunday, June 19, 2011

Oops! Did I Need That?

Sometimes, once stupidity has been admitted, you can move on. I am hoping this is the case.

A few weeks ago, while cleaning up my files on my computer, I deleted, what seemed like an unnecessary and unused file. (Problem #1 - I don't have a clue what is necessary or used.) There was this cute icon that looked similar to a program that kept popping up on my start-up screen. It had been driving me crazy and I wanted to get rid of it. (Problem #2 - I shouldn't be looking at cute little icons at 6:00, while in bed, without my glasses. They all look cute.) Feeling very smart, and confident, in my adding and deleting program skills, I deleted it only to realize, seconds later and seconds too late, that I had just deleted the sound for my computer. I tried to reverse this process but it wouldn't let me stop it. Darn! Did you know that without that driver there is absolutely NO sound at all. Like, you can't hear the sounds to YouTube videos, home videos, or the webinars you are supposed to be watching NOW.

Immediately, I began trying to install a new one. How hard could that be? After many search helps I have discovered that it is very difficult. (Problem #3 - I know nothing about choosing a program.) I asked several questions online and got many answers back, some were even good, I suppose. But, I understand none of them. I might as well be trying to rebuild a nuclear power plant. But, I want to do it on my own. I don't want to take it to someone, who will charge me boku bucks to do the same thing I'm doing, just right. (Problem #4 - I'm a bit stubborn that way.) So, I'm trying a new approach. I'm admitting that I shouldn't have done that and that if I know NOTHING about computers then I shouldn't be messing around with them. Now let's get on with it!  I just want a audio driver!!!!

Life is Good - just quiet.

1 comment:

thorkgal said...

The first step is admitting you have a problem... I don't know the other 11 steps. Haha