Sunday, June 15, 2008

Why are Sundays always Beautiful?

I often wonder why Sundays are such lovely days. Because we believe that it is a day of rest, we don't go out to play, travel, or shop. We generally sit at home, play games as a family, take a much needed nap, and snack on food all day long. But what a temptation it is when all the rest of the week is stormy and windy and Sunday is magnificent. It is probably just a test of my faith.

Very little wind today. The wind has dried up all the grass and the garden so today we are watering everything. Little plants are beginning to pop through the ground in the garden. The awful weather in May caused me to plant a little late. I'm hoping for a late Fall so everything will have time to produce.

My arms a bit sore today from paddling yesterday. It is worth it. I love kayaking. I don't think I'll do any crazy white-water kayaking. Our local rivers and lakes provide me with the thrill I need.

It's Father's Day and so we'll be having a little family barbeque later today.Lots of crazy children running around. All the dads should enjoy their special day babysitting the kids while the moms do the dishes. That's a silly tradition. If I were a dad, I'd opt for the dishes. Beautiful day for a get together.

No comments: