Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Zumba Update

I LOVE Zumba. It is so fun. I've attended enough times that I now know most of the steps to the dances and have started focusing on muscles I'm using or not using. It has been a good thing to start since I turned 40. Turning 40 is rough. I felt very old. Did you know that my mom was a month away from 40 when I got married. I don't feel as old as I thought she was (Sorry mom.) Nevertheless it arrived and I couldn't stop it. But, here's the point to that side note, I'm 40 and I am still coordinated. I don't look like a total idiot when I do the dances (at least that is what people who would be totally honest with me have said). And, when I practice in front of the bathroom mirror, I don't think I look like a freakazoid. Now, if you happen to think that don't tell me because I won't be able to bear it. So, even at 40, I can do somet hings. Also, I have acquired a little bit more energy and stamina. I can make it through one hour of continuous dancing without dying. After the first day I never thought that would happen. I have also lost about half an inch off my waist. I have to say "about" because I have been way too scared to measure. But, my pants seem to fit half an inch better. So, it's been worth the time and the sore knees, ankles, and hips. I'll keep going.

4 comments:

thorkgal said...

Here's a question for ya... did your mom ever say something like "freakazoid" when she was 40??? Ha ha I'm glad you're having fun. Wish I could join ya. Do you think a woman MY age could handle it?

Emily said...

Ow, baby. Zumba and makin' it look good is something to BRAG about.

Diane said...

I've heard about it and sounds fun to try. I'll have to check it out.

Summer said...

Hey, me and my sisters used to say freakazoid...anyway, great job on the Zumba. I really want to do it, but haven't got the courage to go. Now that I'm pretty much normal again, I really need a good workout. Maybe I'll see you there sometime!