Friday, January 21, 2011

Oh Where, Oh Where Did my Little Girls Go?

Tonight was the Winter Dance at the Junior High. The twins were so excited to go. They got new dresses, new jewelry, and new high heeled shoes. High heels? I still don't wear those things for fear I will fall over. The funny thing about the shoes is that Adri and Katy are nearly the tallest girls in 7th grade and with the added height they'll be taller than everyone - especially the boys. Katy even curled her hair. We couldn't remember the last time a curl entered that mane. We had a blast getting them ready. It took forever! Whatever will we do when they both go to a "real" dance and have to get all dolled up? Seriously, we may have to hire help. Can't wait for them to come home and tell us all the stories. When the two of them get excited and start telling stories it is a pure delight. So much speed talking we can't keep up. Fun! Fun! Fun!

Adorable aren't they? And still missing teeth. I guess they are still young.

Katy's "Polka - Dotty Twirly" dress. "Watch me spin, Mom and Dad."

Adri. She loved her silver/gold shoes but I didn't get them in the pic. Drat! "Am I like 6 feet tall in these shoes?"


Life is Good - but going by so quickly!!!

2 comments:

thorkgal said...

I bet there was a time that you wished for them to grow up. Well...? :D

Emily said...

Seeing your girls looking so grown up is reminding me that my own kids are growing up just as fast. Drat you. They look so happy and beautiful.