Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I Love Christmas

This year I took a different approach to the decorations at our house. I did it in stages over a 5 day period. It was so much less stressful. One day was the tree. One day putting on decorations. Another day the wreaths and garland. Then the next two days were spent spreading out all the rest of the stuff. I had plenty of time to think things through. It looks so much more festive. I'll try to do it that way again next year.

We decorated gingerbread men for the tree. That was going to be a lot of fun until everyone had A LOT of homework that made it impossible for them to decorate with me. I ran out of ideas very quickly but managed to decorate about 30 various sized men. They look cute on the tree. Maybe next year someone will be available to join in the fun.

While we were at Thanksgiving, Trent's mom and dad gave us all an early Christmas gift. We received a Temple Square Christmas Village. It is beautiful! Adri and I had seen it in a magazine and loved it. We wanted it but figured this wasn't the time of my life to purchase it. And then, our wishes came true and we now have one next to the tree. LOVE it!!!! Thanks Mom and DAD.

Tomorrow I begin teaching origami to 28 second graders. I'd better get to bed. I'm going to need my patience.





Life is Good.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Origami? Patience? 28 2nd graders? How did it go? I'm sure there was a story to tell after that!
Michael surprised me with 1/2 of the Temple Square village. The temple and the tabernacle, my two favorites. So we are like twinners. I put them in my "li'l village" with old fashioned ceramic homes. Of course, I didn't put a wall around them, or a nativity reflective pond or little sister missionaries walking around. Maybe next year.