Monday, January 23, 2012

The Dreaded Day has Arrived

I knew that it was too good to be true. I knew it wouldn't last. I told myself not to get excited. I said, "Don't expect too much." I tried very hard not to. I found myself walking with a bit of a joyful lilt into buildings. I smiled into the sky each time I exited and took a breath of fresh air just because I could. But, today it all ended. Instead of a lilt, I walked with shuffle. Instead of breathing the warmish air, my nostrils froze with each breath. Instead of ballet flats without socks, I wore boots. And, I am a pretty much disappointed - just as I said I wouldn't be.

Curse you stupid snow!!!!!

On the bright side, it is beautiful out there right now with the street lights reflecting off the freshly fallen and brilliantly white snow. Gotta love that.


Life is Good  - And this snow has made someone, somewhere, very happy. I'm happy for them!

2 comments:

Emilee said...

It made two someone's very happy. Coy and Wyatt. And they might just be the only ones!

Emily said...

A-MEN. amenamenamen