Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Catching Up

I really didn't think this school year would end. In fact, sometimes, I have to pinch myself just to make sure that I'm not dreaming. I'm sure that I'm a better teacher after making it through. But I don't even want to look back to see what lessons I have learned. I will someday. The other 2nd grade teachers, other members of our team, and I drove to Brigham City for lunch just to celebrate that it is over. That was fun. We have so much fun as a team. We've been getting Collin ready for His mission. There are so many decisions to be made. What to send? What not to send? Can you get that there? Will there be a WalMart? (Yes. There are lots of them in Guatemala.) Can he drink the water? Will he get eaten by fleas? Do I send the flea collars? Should I send lice shampoo? I have never thought of these things before. We have had a great time shopping for his clothes. That is the easiest part. How can we pack all of it? Collins getting pretty excited. Less than a month to go now. I'm teaching 4th grade summer school. I'm sharing with another teacher so I will do 8 days. Fourth graders are a lot different than 2nd graders. I'll stick with 2nd. And just for kicks and giggles, the authorities who make the decisions have me doing Kindergarten reading groups. What a contrast between all those grades. A lot of learning goes on in four short years. I'm having some fun. Summer softball, soccer, basketball and volleyball are in full swing. I hate that our summers are more busy than the school year. The girls like to be busy though. I miss our days of sitting under the trampoline reading books and running on the slip and slide. Good memories! This coming month is only going to get busier and go faster. Good luck to us! Life is Good - busy and changing, but still good.

1 comment:

thorkgal said...

Oh my goodness... you're counting down. Working will make the time slip away like no other too. I can't wait until you are part of the "Missionary Mom" club. :D