Monday, July 1, 2013

On The Road (River) Again!

That's right. "On the road (river) again. Going places that I've always been." I was back in the kayak on Saturday. It has been a long time. Last summer, I didn't go one time. After getting Collin on his mission, I was a mess and couldn't get myself together enough to go. I really missed it and have been anxiously awaiting a moment to go this summer. Finally, on Saturday, I made it.

It has been sooooo not and our house seemed to be a sweat lodge. It was the perfect moment to go, but there was a problem. I couldn't find anyone to go with. After much begging, and texting, McKenna agreed to come and she brought her friend Tazie. Yay!!! So, we loaded up and off we went.

It was absolutely beautiful out there. The river was warm and there wasn't even the slightest hint of a breeze. That is a rare find here in East Idaho. We enjoyed our float, our conversations, and the beauty of the river. Awesome!!!


Within a couple minutes of pulling out of the river, a major wind storm came up. The glassy river was now a torrent of white capped waves. Now that is the East Idaho I've grown to know and tolerate. Glad we made it just in time. We'll be back out there again this week.


Life is good - and have I mentioned how much I love to kayak?


 

No comments: