Sunday, January 11, 2015

Grandma Erikson

Today I helped the twins enter names in a family history book that they will use to find the names of temple ready ancestors. I'm excited for them to get involved with genealogy. One of the names we entered was of my Grandma Erikson. Just he name triggered a flood of wonderfully warm emotions and memories. She died just over thirty years ago. That is a long time to miss someone and I do very much and often.i wish she had been here as I accomplished things as a teenager. I wish my she had been here when I got married and as my children were born. I wish she had been here to hold them. I wish they could have tasted her orange rolls, chocolate chip cookies, and maybe, even, her ketchup-flavored gravy. She would have loved them and they would have loved her too. In honor of her we had twice-baked potatoes because that is one thing I remember about her and could share with them.


No comments: