Saturday, February 7, 2015

Small Town Grocery Stores

Living in a small has its disadvantages and I am well aware of many of them. Like, there are no museums to go to. You have to find your own fun. And there isn't a lot of shopping. But, there are advantages too. Like, the pace is pretty slow. You know a lot of people and can wave to everyone. And, there is a small town grocery store. I love ours. It usually has what you need just not everything that you want. I almost always see someone to chat with for a second. 

Tonight, my sister and her husband were there. They bought a lot more than us and we were at the check out together. We were talking with the cashier, manager, and each other about a particular item they were out of and were getting rainchecks when my sister's purchase was completed or at least it seemed completed. Then it was our turn. They left and we proceeded to purchase our groceries. We didn't need a lot but when the cashier was finished scanning our items the total was over $100. I was dumbfounded. This is about all we got. There may have been a little bit more but not enough to total that much.


Upon closer inspection of the screen, I saw the things that my sister had purchased. They hadn't finished their transaction. All of our talking had gotten everyone distracted. We had a great laugh while we waited for them to come back to the store to buy their stuff. It was very funny. That is the kind of stuff that can happen in a small town grocery store and no one got too worked up about it. 

No comments: