Monday, July 14, 2008

Visiting Twin Falls


Today we drove to Twin Falls for the open house of the Twin Falls LDS Temple there. It was a long drive but the temple was beautiful and worth the drive. It isn't very big. In fact it is the smallest temple I have ever been in. The halls are very narrow. The Idaho state flower, Syringa, is woven throughout the temple - in the wood, carpet, railings, furniture, windows, and wall coverings.

We laughed at the contrasts between this open house and the Rexburg Temple open house. In TF they used fans to cool the kids putting booties on shoes. In Rexburg they used heaters. In TF we hurried across the grounds to get in the building because it was air conditioned. In Rexburg we hurried across the grounds to get in the building because it was heated. In TF the ushers used umbrellas to block the sun. In Rexburg they used umbrellas to block the snow and wind. But once you go inside, the purpose and spirit of both buildings are exactly the same.

After the temple we went to Shoshone Falls. It has been a long time since I have been there. The two times I remember going there was very little water going over so I didn't find it very impressive. Today the water was roaring. I loved the sound of it. I could have stayed there for a very long time but no one else loves rivers as much as I do and so we had to go.

No comments: