Friday, September 26, 2008

Murphy's Law

One month ago our vacuum broke. Lucky for us we didn't throw away the old one. We just put it in the garage in case of an emergency. I immediately called the repair center and ordered a new part. It would arrive in two weeks from that day. Just my luck, I received an e-mail that stated the part was back ordered for a month.

So, we dug out the old vacuum and have been using it since. Last week I got an e-mail that said the part was back ordered indefinitely and may not be available until January. So, I called the store I bought it from. Long story made short, after many phone calls, I needed to bring the vacuum in so they could send it away in order to be told that I can get a new vacuum to replace the old vacuum. But, earlier this week I got a new e-mail saying the part would be shipped on the 25th. Great, only one week until we can sit on the furniture with dark pants. But, then on Wednesday I receive another e-mail that said the part was still back ordered with not delivery date given. So, I decided it was time to take it to the repair center. Done. My husband took it there today. The vacuum will be returned or we will be notified of the new vacuum by October 16. Great - only two more weeks with the vacuum that had been moth balled.

I just opened my e-mail. The part, back-ordered for an eternity, was shipped today and will arrive within a week. Now I'll have the part and no vacuum.

No comments: