Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Warm River in the Fall

I've never kayaked in the true Fall
because it is always too cold. But, when the temperature is above 80 degrees September 30 you must pull out the boat and go. The colors are in their prime - one more week may be too late. One week earlier may have been too early. Anyway, it was fun fun fun. We didn't see any wildlife, probably because it was 80+ degrees but we did see many fisherman. Apparently today was a great trout hunting day. They were all catching fish.






I applied a coat of Pledge to the kayak and have stored it away for the winter. I may take it out again if I get up the courage to go down a little float with friends on Christmas day. It is a sad day for me. I LOVE to kayak. But I get a little more adventurous each year and next

year will bring something new. I can't wait.

No comments: