Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Grass is Always Greener


I love where I live - until I visit someplace that seems, for the moment, to be better. The girls and I spent a couple days in Utah visiting Grandma and Grandpa. We had a blast but I noticed some unfair things. They still have green grass - and it is still growing. They have flowers that are still blooming and look nice. Their leaves are on the trees - not in the neighbor's yard. Utah has four seasons. It just didn't seem right.


Then I think about the things I don't like about Utah. Utahns have to deal with "Utah drivers". They have bad air during the winter. The wind blows constantly here so there is no chance of smog to build up. Utah drivers. They have commuting problems. I know our local radio station tried for awhile to make the commute an issue. After about of 6 months of not having any traffic congestion problems, they grounded the helicopter and haven't brought it up again. Have I mentioned Utah drivers? Oh yeah, one more very important thing. We have potato harvest vacation.


It doesn't take too long to remind myself why I love being here.


No comments: