Sunday, October 26, 2008

Getting Younger Every Minute

So, my friend invited me to join Facebook a few weeks back. I really didn't know much about it but have learned a little since then. What I have discovered is that it is mostly a place for people who are young and have a life - not a nearly middle aged, soccer-mom with too many jobs. Most of the applications on there I don't know how to run nor would I understand. I did chat with a "friend" once and was feeling younger with every keystroke until I realized I actually didn't know how to end the conversation. I would still be typing away if it wasn't for my "friend" keying in "TTFN" which meant "tah, tah for now." I knew that was then end of our conversation because I have watched Winnie the Pooh many times.

I've always wanted to learn a second language and have heard that can make you feel younger. Lucky for me my dear children are helping. I don't know what you actually call this language but it is new and foreign. I've learned that when I ask, "Who left the empty Twinkie box in the pantry?" a response of "IDK" means "we're not listening and wouldn't tell you anyway" or "I don't know." A question of "With whom are you going to the game?" will always get a response of, "MBFF" which translated means "anyone but my weird and embarassing parents." I'm feeling younger every time I converse with my children.

Anytime I am successful in learning something on the computer I feel younger and less like I am being left behind in this world of technology. I changed the background on my blog. I think I could even do it again. I'm not going to push it however, because right now I'm feeling like a kid in a candy store.

No comments: