Sunday, January 18, 2009

Birthday Surprises

Today is my dear friend's birthday. I love her birthday. It is fun to surprise her on this day. First, she doesn't think that I'll remember. And, second she never knows what to expect when I arrive. For instance, when she turned 40 I gave her a bouquet of "prune" roses and prune juice. It really was beautiful. I'm not joking at all. I think that made her feel better - tee hee. She held on to the prune juice forever. I think that she has finally thrown it away. Maybe she drank it.
One thing that we like to do together, besides gossip, is kayak. She let me talk her into going with me a couple of years ago and she became hooked. So last year she bought a kayak. We tried to go at least every week. About July, I got an idea for her birthday, something that she needed and would make kayaking even more fun. I have held onto that idea ever since (an amazing thought since I can't remember anything for longer than 10 minutes). Anyway, today finally arrived. When she opened it she squealed and I cheered and her family looked at us like we were freaks. We're not freaks. We are just two "old" ladies who get excited over very silly things - like dry saks!

No comments: