Monday, January 5, 2009

Things to Accomplish in 2009

I'm not very good at setting resolutions. Actually, I'm really good at setting them. I'm just not so good at following through. So, I've come up with a new strategy. These are things that I would like to accomplish this year. Resolutions sound like such formal snotty things. Accomplishments sound easier to me. So, here goes a list of things to accomplish.

1. Lose 2o pounds (without getting pregnant - the only time in my life I've lost weight).
2. Go camping (outside, not in the living room) with my family.
3. Run a 10K or a 5 K depending on how I'm doing come July.
4. Whitewater rafting.
5. Read the Book of Mormon again.
6. Grow a beautiful (and plentiful) garden. This is unlike any I've ever grown.
7. Play at least one song on Guitar Hero on the hard level.
8. Hike to Table Rock and Union Falls.
9.
10.
I'll add to it as I think of more. This gives me a good start. I've noticed that is a lot to accomplish during the 3 weeks of summer that we have here. I wonder what I'll do during the rest of the year. Hmmm?

1 comment:

Emily said...

Love your ideas for "accomplishments". I guess I had better start my own. #1 Have this baby! After that, I don't know what I'll be able to accomplish....