Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Looking Back

Ok, so we come to the close of another year. 2008 officially ends tonight. It has been a great year. So, here is a list of my most memorable happenings. Keep in mind that I do fear early onset alzheimers - the list may be short.

1. My little girl turning 12, McKenna, and entering Young Women's. Where has the time gone?
2. Starting January 20 to count down the days until the end of the current US presidency.
3. Starting February to count down the days until school would end. I don't recommend starting that early. It makes it worse.
4. Going to the Young Women's Conference with McKenna, Sherrie and Nicole, and Carol and Maddi. We had so much fun!
5. Adri and Katy turning 10 and all of our family being in the double digits. I think that is a sign of getting old.
6. Planning and taking the entire 2nd grade to the "Horton Hears a Who" and having half of my class say that they have never been to a movie before. It was like taking them to the circus. And, they were quiet!
7. Snow! Snow! Snow! Shoveling. Shoveling. Shoveling. No Spring. Students wearing coats and boots on the last day of school - in June! Not my favorite memory.
8. Waiting for the high waters to recede so we could kayak.
9. Katy breaking her arm, again. Six broken bones in five years. Kinda depressing.
10. Trent and I talking more because our TV died.
11. Taking Trent's mom and Tracie kayaking down the Teton River and wishing that I had used better judgement and taken them somewhere else.
12. Starting a blog. I've learned a ton and it keeps evolving.
13. McKenna's softball team winning the championship.
14. Collin working a real summer job and becoming so strong and buff.
15. Collin getting his drivers license.
16. Trent switching jobs and enjoying it - mostly.
17. Kayaking at dusk down Warm River in October!
18. Having a very interesting and diverse class at school! Blind, downs, speechless, bi-polar. Can you say special-ed? Absolutely delightful!
19. Erikson family trip to Disneyland!! So fun.
20. Getting a Wii from Santa. Non-stop giggles and sweat.

That's the end. I'm sure more will pop up. I'm so grateful for what I have and for this fantastic family (especially my Trent) that I spend everyday with.

1 comment:

The ZamFam said...

Robin!!! I'm so glad you found me on facebook! Through that, Bec and I were able to find your blog... #1, bec and I can't believe how big your kids are getting! All three in double digit ages! Crazy...
#2, Collin has a drivers license?!?!?!?! WHAT?! SO hard to believe.. When we moved to St Anthony, Chase, Justing, and Jonathan were all my 11 year old scouts. Now they're approaching graduation, and then missions... time goes by way too fast.
#3, Santa brought us a Wii also... and i COMPLETELY agree... Dallin (who's 5 now) LOVES plying it.. He beats us at boxing almost all the time! It amazes me that a video game could bring a family that much close. We played it with friends on New Years, adn then tonight for my birthday. It is awesome..

Tell Trent hello.. And the kids as well. Talk to you soon!

Gus & Becky