Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spring! Bah-hum-bug

There are many reasons why I live in this frozen north, but not one of them is the Spring season. I hate Spring in Eastern Idaho. It is totally the pits. Spring seems to give us just a little taste to get our hopes up and then BAM! it throws a kink in your psyche and you become depressed. Today was one of those days. The pictures prove it. What I wouldn't give to live in Hawaii during the Spring months. (OK. I'd probably live there anytime.) I hope Summer comes soon. It's all I've got to look forward to - weather wise.

This is the view out my front window. When I lay down for my Sunday nap there wasn't any snow on the ground. When I woke up I was in a new land - like the North Pole.

The snow drifts at our front door were high enough that it could only open it a little ways. The drift in the driveway forced us to stay in and not return the Red Box movie that was due. This is how it is supposed to look in December, not the last three days of March.

I guess it is just one of those days that will make me stronger - physically. I've got to go shovel.



4 comments:

Vegas Emily said...

Crap!

thorkgal said...

I just hope for a decent recess duty day. Ha ha.

Summer said...

I agree with emily!

Diane said...

What a mean trick!