Sunday, March 22, 2009

Worth the Hearing Loss

Being an Idol fan and a mom desiring to build good memories, I had the great fortune of getting tickets to the David Archuleta concert held in the Civic Auditorium in Idaho Falls. We were very lucky because the tickets sold out in about eight minutes. We also got a ticket for our Aunt Tracie. Adrienne and Kathrynn were very excited and McKenna was very upset that I would make her go. No one was too happy to stand in line at 4:30 for will call tickets. The concert started at 8:00. Time went by fairly fast. The 3 hours didn't seem longer than 2 and a half hours. j/k We ate Subway sandwiches and candy (from Tracie) and played little games (also provided by Tracie). We finally got to our seats about 7:45. It began at 8:00 with an opening act that probably caused severe hearing loss. It wasn't so good but it made time go by fast.

Finally at 9:05. David took the stage. Every teeny-bopper in the room began to scream (very high pitched screams, I might add) when he sang his first song. For the next hour and fifteen minutes he sang and we enjoyed being there. I loved watching Adri scream, just like the others, Katy sing every word to every song (and almost cry when he sang "Angel" in the encore), and McKenna bopping and dancing along to the music. We had such a great time. My ears didn't ring nearly as long as I thought they would but the memories will last even longer.

3 comments:

Emily said...

you didn't tell us how you screamed, too. You know you did... admit it.

Summer said...

Wow! You gals are troopers standing in line that long! I hope one day I'm an awesome mom like you, taking my girls to teeny bopper concerts!

Diane said...

That's great! That would be really fun to do. :)