Tuesday, December 22, 2009

An Utter Christmas Failure

I can't seem to get everything together this year. We decorated early, we had done some shopping early, and things were looking good. But, starting early didn't seem to help. I'm still behind. How? What do I have to say for myself? Nothing. I'm an utter Christmas failure. I haven't gotten the cards out and I probably won't. The neighborhood gifts aren't made and probably won't be by Christmas. I haven't finished the shopping and some of the presents aren't wrapped. Hopefully that will happen before the big day.

School ends tomorrow at 1:15. I wonder how much I can get done in a day and a half. If you don't get a card, you'll know not much. If you live close and don't receive a gift, you'll know I couldn't pull out of the slump. Sorry to you all ahead a time and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

3 comments:

Tracie said...

Bummer! You ARE human! It took us a long time to drag Sus down to our level. Now we're working on you! Resistance is FUTILE! :) Merry Christmas!

thorkgal said...

YOU DID get the neighbor gifts out... no failure. Thank you for always thinking of us. Sweet. I am going to Happy New Year everyone one... Maybe. Because I hate to stress, OR, it may be Valentines instead. Who knows. Ha ha

Emily said...

Bone weary, that's what you and I and every American mom is out there trying to make it a spectacular day for every loved one in our lives. Tall order. I don't think it's utter failure but it sure stinks when you picture it done and it's far from it!! Let's hire secretaries next year.