Saturday, July 24, 2010

Summer River Swimming Begins

July's weather has been fairly favorable for those who like to swim - but not for those who like to kayak. The wind is always blowing. Some  Every summer is like that here in Eastern Idaho, its just that some are worse than others. This is a down right blustery one. It makes for a grumpy me. I am nearly sick of the sound of rustling leaves. I'm tired of having to fetch the pool cover from the bottom of the pool because the wind has again blown it off. And I'm down right perturbed that I haven't been able to kayak. That's what I'm supposed to do in the summer. And, I bet the river has missed me.

But, windy days are still good for swimming, if you are swimming in a well protected hole of the river. Lucky for us we have such a place. (I am amazed thankful that not so many people know about "our" place however we do share it with our friends from time to time.) Each year the kids get more and more brave and so they try new things - like Collin's flip with a twist off the highest rocks into the water. Or, McKenna's forward dive off the rocks for the first time. Adri started jumping off the highest "dive" and Katy jumping into the rapids to float down. We have taken a million pictures - just because we love this place so much.


McKenna said yesterday, "When I'm older and I come to visit with my kids, we are definitely going to come swimming here. I LOVE this place." Actually we all LOVE this place. Just another reason why living in this very small town, and enjoying what it's surrounding have to offer, is almost heavenly.

Life is Good especially when you have free swimming with lots of benefits.

1 comment:

thorkgal said...

Wind! UGH! The river is low this year huh?
I like the "life is good" at the bottom of your blog. Cute.