Thursday, August 5, 2010

Holy Cow! Does Everyone Lose Their Mind When I'm Out of Town?

I spent last week at Edufest - a Gifted and Talented Conference at Boise State University. Its a conference for people who teach and associate with GT kids, not GT people. That is why I was invited! It was a full week and I'm sure the family enjoyed having me away. But, I began to wonder what in the world was happening at home when I got a text from McKenna while I was attending a banquet. At the time the text came, all the kids were with Gma and Gpa Grant swimming. Here is the text:

Kenna: I JUST GOT A PUPPY!
Me:  No you don't!
Kenna:  Yes I do too!
Me.  Not really! I'm going to cry.
Kenna:  For serious! Its so cute!
Me:  Did Dad let you?
Kenna:  He doesn't know yet!
Me:  You can't have a puppy! Where did you get it?
Kenna:  At Golden Corral.
Me:  what? What the heck is a golden corral?
Kenna:  The restaurant duh! Some guy just gave it to me.
Me:  Honey you can't have it. Is it real?
Kenna:  It is real. Its in the car with me and I'm NOT giving it back.
Me:  What did Grandma (the voice of reason, by the way) say?
Kenna:  She didn't care. She thinks that its cute!

In the mean time, I text Trent and let him know about the Dog. I get a text back from him that says, "If my parents have let her get a dog, they are dead!"

Me:  What kind is it?
Kenna:  Yellow!
Me:  Big or Little?
Kenna:  Really little!
Me:  What do you think your dad will say?
Kenna:  He will probably just laugh?
Me:  Really. I'm not laughing,.
Kenna:  I am! 

I'm thinking, "Yah you're laughing because I'm here and you're there and there isn't anything that I can do to stop this dog from coming to my house."

Me:  "Well, I am not happy!
Kenna:  Sorry!
Me:  Are you sure of what you are doing? I'm about to throw up. None of us have time to take care of a puppy. Besides we have Cruiser (our dog who has begun having grand mal seizures regularly) is stressing me out and school is about to start.
Kenna: I promise that this puppy needs no are at all!
Me:  All puppies need care and I am FREAKIN' out!!!!!
Kenna:  This one doesn't!
Me:  You are kidding huh! Please say yes!!!!!
Kenna:  No I have a dog.
Me:  I'M GOING TO NOT BE VERY HAPPY!!!! GRRRRRR!!!
Kenna:  Do you want me to call you and explain it?
Me:  NO!!!! I just want it to go away. Dad says that if this is real then Grandma and Grandpa are dead.
Kenna:  Fine! Ya know what? I will just pop it!! '( Haha!
Me:  Whew!!! I love you again.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH  Good joke!!!

Life is Good when you don't have a new puppy to deal with.

2 comments:

Kitty Deschanel said...

LOL! Come on now. You know that, deep down, you really do want a puppy :)

I'm having a 200th Follower link party. If you have a free moment, I'd love for you to post a link on my blog. Thanks!

http://lambaround.blogspot.com

thorkgal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.