Monday, November 22, 2010

Fall Activities

One of my favorite activities in the Fall is canning. So, I decided it was about time to get some pictures of the festivities. We can Chili Sauce, Green Beans, Carrots, Corn, Bottle Tomatoes, Peaches, Apples and Salsa - lots and lots of salsa. Canning season does begin to drag toward the end, I must admit. But today, a couple months later, when the roads are drifted over and the wind is blowing like a banshee, I can look in the storage room and be grateful that I don't have to go to the grocery store. 
One of a billion batches of salsa that we made.

The assembly line. From beautiful washed tomatoes to smushy gushy salsa guts.
 Home canned goodness - Life is Good.

1 comment:

Tracie said...

Such a wonderful family activity! Yay for the girls who helped the parents. You are so very lucky!