Thursday, October 14, 2010

Senioritis

I've got Senioritis. Collin's a senior and I'm quite sick about it. I have been heard saying, "I can't wait for that kid to be out on his own." But, seriously, I'm quite nervous about it and not ready for him to be making big grown up decisions. Sheesh. What's he going to do after he graduates? He's got a year after he graduates before he goes on a mission. Should he go to college for the year? Should he work? Should he do half and half? Has he even thought of these things? He's 17. I doubt it. Will he ever without me forcing him?

No matter, I love him. He is fun and brings a lot of joy (and torture [three younger sisters]) to family.









Life is Good - even with teenagers.

5 comments:

tracie said...

One of the best seniors around!

Emily said...

That's me/Benson in a year. Freak. Out.

But Collin is so much more responsible than most kids. Is he excited to move out? Does he want to stay home? I would I if I were him and you were my mom.

I'm just distracting myself from the fact that this post freaked me out a little. I mean, a lot.

Unknown said...

I remember when I had senioritis in high school! It was hard to stay at school all day and go to class and do stuff. I now have senioritis in college. But now, I always go to class because I need to be eligable for football and I need to prepare for the work place!
Sending him on a mission might be good for him. It will help get him ready for the real world; being without his parents, cooking meals and other grown up things. Good luck to Collin!

thorkgal said...

Just when they become GREAT people you have to send them off into the big bad world. I really enjoy my grown up kids.
T'Jae really benefitted from working and going to school before going out on his mission. That's what Braden is doing now... and it's killing me being away from him. I swear he still needs him mommy. ;)
Good luck joining us old timers.

Olinselot said...

okay! Collin is adorable! I hope my boys grow up to be just like him. I'm using that wink thing you told me about...I love it.