Saturday, April 16, 2011

Circle of Life

Sometimes you just have to do what seems ridiculous when you're in the doldrums.And, thank goodness, that is just what I did today. My dear friend, Laura, invited me to do a quick run down the river today to see the nesting birds. There are many geese that have built lovely homes and filled them with eggs, waiting to be hatched. Unfortunately, many of the nests are too low and when the river begins to run high, the eggs will be washed away. All part of the circle of life, I suppose.

We also saw several pelicans floating along, waiting for a fish to swim by. I was getting pictures when I scared the pelicans. They flew into the geese, who weren't happy. The geese flew away and landed near some ducks. They were all squawking. It was quite funny. Sorry, but I'm afraid I've disrupted the whole ecosystem of that stretch on the Henry's Fork. Maybe that's part of the circle of life, too. It was well worth it, though. I LOVE kayaking.


Life is Good especially on the river.

2 comments:

Emily said...

So JEALOUS!! That is the coolest that you can just go for a "quick" run. It's so naturey.

P.S. I love the new look of your blog!!

Hali Roderick said...

I'm jealous, Robin. You always seem to be doing something fun! Thanks for sharing a few of those fun things with me last summer!