Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Cave Falls

A couple weeks ago we took a drive up to Cave Falls to see how high the water is because our swimming spot, lower down the river, is still so high that we can't swim yet (and may never this year). The falls are beautiful and the water is HIGH and FAST. Last year Kenna and I went for an afternoon. We walked out into the water and a father and son were fishing out in the center. I doubt anyone has ventured to the center this year. You won't catch me out there. But, the views are wonderful and the sound of the river is so relaxing! I could have stayed forever if it weren't for the GIANT mosquitoes that tried to eat us.
This is what it looks like this year.

Here is almost that same spot last year when Kenna and I visited.


Cave Falls. Wish you could hear it. It is AWESOME!



Looking up the Falls River. One of my very favorite places to be.

Churning water just above the main falls.
 Life is Good - and have I ever mentioned how much I love this place I live?

No comments: