Monday, July 18, 2011

Sharing the Joys of Summer

Thank goodness, a few years ago, my good friends shared their summer joys with me. A couple different friends DRAGGED me out to kayak down the river with them. I fell in love with it - like I've mentioned before. What I enjoy now, probably even more than the whitewater, is sharing my love for kayaking with others. My good friend, Karen, wanted to get a kayak for her birthday so that she could paddle around a couple lakes. I took her down the river and now she is HOOKED. She goes nearly every day. And, she now has two kayaks. (One just doesn't do it.) Another friend of ours, Shaunna, was very nervous about kayaking, but being the good sport that she is, tried it anyway. She fell out within the first 10 seconds. She got right back in, like a trooper, and now she is HOOKED. We have a big trip planned in a few weeks with all our families. Betcha she gets a couple for herself before then.

If you'd like to go, give me a call. I'm willing to share it with you, too.

Collin and his buddies. Ignore that they don't have life jackets on. The rule "No life jacket - No kayak" is now in full force.
Collin and buddies about to go under the Del Rio Bridge.

Shaunna - still smiling even after being tipped over.

Cook - He is so cool. His first time too.

Karen - Loving her new kayaks.
 Life is Good - especially in a kayak.

No comments: