Sunday, November 10, 2013

Gratitude Month - Day #9

I am exhausted just thinking of all I did today. Normally my Saturday's are pretty chill but I decided to accomplish everything in one day - didn't get it all done. But I looked back and I am grateful for the time I have to spend with my family.

I felt compelled, in the wee hours of the morning, to go to the temple. I immediately texted my sisters, those who have texting, and invited them. We all scrambled to make it to the 8:15 session only to find out it was full. The wait time for other things was also long and so we made a trip to the temple but weren't very productive there. I guess it is the thought that counts.

Got home, earlier than expected,did some cleaning, cooking, and organizing. Went to the school to work on grades while the girls got ready to go shopping. We then shopped for Christmas package items for Collin, fabric to make skirts and other essentials. We had a glorious time together. We laughed, complained (oh my gosh, the slowest fabric cutters in the world work at JoAnne's), ate, and built great memories. 

After all that shopping, the girls and I went to my mom's where we used Pinterest ideas to sew skirts. Don't you love Pinterest? We got three skirts completed and a fourth almost done. We had so much fun. And came home exhausted so we all went to bed. 

I am grateful for the time that I have to be with the girls. Before I know it, they will be gone and doing their own thing. Sad to think about. So I won't! I will just be thankful that I have that time right now.

No comments: