Sunday, December 28, 2008

SNOW!

I'm sorry I keep posting about snow, but seriously, there is a ton. I am amazed at the amount of snow we have gotten in the last couple weeks. Our neighbor has a stick that measures the snow in the middle of his backyard and it says 21 inches. I find that hard to believe. I'm sure there is more! We have shoveled way more than that because in those two weeks the wind hasn't stopped blowing. Drifts as high as 3 feet have formed and we've had to shovel them. We aren't sure where we'll put the snows that are to come.
I was talking to a friend who cheers for every flake that falls. I cringe and think of shoveling with every flake that falls. Tomorrow the kids and I will go sledding so that we can enjoy something in the snow. Perhaps that will change my perspective a little. Of course, we'll have to shovel first - more snows are expected tonight.
We got a Nintendo Wii for Christmas. It is so fun. I think it is great for bringing families together. I've tried to play other gaming systems and can't focus enough to be play. My kids say I'm "pathetic" and they are right. But, the Wii is different. Our whole family enjoys playing. The only time we don't have giggling is when everyone is sleeping. It'll bring some joy and activity when we are completely snowed in.

2 comments:

Emily said...

we love our wii, too! Jackson likes doing the wii fit yoga... weird, huh? what games do you have? sorry about the snow. you might find a yummy recipe for snow ice cream and get busy!

Vegas Emily said...

We are totally jealous of your Wii (ha!ha!) I am over the snow - time to move on to spring and we'll see the snow next Thanksgiving and it is welcome to stay until Christmas night. Today was pretty nice to see the sun though, right?