Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Family Kayaking Day

Now that school has started, I'm so behind on my blogging. During this Harvest Break I'm going to get caught up on many things - blogging, cleaning, and playing. First up. Family Kayak Day. After I took my friends with me one day, they decided that we should all go again but with our families. So we did. And we had a blast. A couple of mishaps, a cave exploration, dead deer carcasses, and delicious food just added to the fun. This could become an annual tradition. I hope it does.

Twelve kayakers and one rafter made their way down the Warm River run toward Ashton. Most had never kayaked before and survived. Poor Shaunna was suffering from a very freaky bruise that had taken a horrible turn needing a constant wound pump. Not wanting to be left behind, we fitted her with a raft that worked perfectly. 

The three big boys all tough and stuff. Big Dakota fell out many times and then was very exhausted for football practice after. It was worth it though.

Taking a break to dump the kayaks after going through the rapids. This is also a great place to take a swim in the water or climb some rocks.

Karen Ili and Lia. Karen purchased two kayaks this year and went a million times. So glad. I always need more kayaking buddies.
 My buddy Shaunna in her comfy raft. She got pretty good at the paddles. Next year, for sure, she'll be taking the a kayak.

Life is Good - Good friends make it even better.

No comments: