Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thinking About Food



I just went out of town for a one-day conference in Salt Lake City. What I decided was that I really like home food. I probably am not talking about Kraft Mac n Cheese or cold cereal. I mean real home-cooked food. So then I thought about some of my family's favorites. All afternoon I was craving a couple dishes. I thought that I would like to share one, like I think someone else reads this blog. Anyway, here goes. We LOVE this:

 Pepperoncini Beef Sandwiches


These are so easy that you could make them daily. Just take one roast, and not all that expensive either. Trim any large amounts of fat off. Put it in a crockpot and add one bottle of sliced Pepperoncini to it. Cook it all day, until it falls apart. Using a fork pull it apart and get rid of the fat parts.Then, on your favorite roll (we love Bolillo rolls) add a slice of provolone cheese, mayo or horseradish. Top with some of the beef and totally enjoy!



 Life is Good - and tasty!

2 comments:

shannon said...

I read your blog! In fact, I check at least once a day. And I am totally going to make that meal!

Emily said...

That sounds so easy! I will have to try it! Maybe tomorrow for Conference??

BTW, Syd said she saw you at some restaurant... it must have been the one day you were here (wishing you had home-cooking instead!).

P.S. I LOVE LOVE your tag ending on your posts of Life is Good (insert applicable phrase). What a great exercise in positivity.