Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Day #5 - Gratitude Month

Thirteen years ago I begrudgingly pulled our last load of household items across the Madison/Fremont county border. We were buying our first home, in Fremont County, because Trent's job required that we live here. I felt as if I had just about died. It was generally understood in my home town that no one lived in St. Anthony because they wanted to. I figured they only lived there because they couldn't get out. 

Within about 3 months I had decided that it wasn't all that bad. Within a year I was here to stay. Thirteen years have gone by and I am so grateful for this funny little town I live in. There are many wonderful people here and we have made many good friends. Our children love it here and have great friends that are positive influences on them. They have been able to participate in school athletics, school leadership, and countless other extracurricular events. Pretty much, if you want to do it, you can. 

I love that we are near the mountains and not too far from shopping. I love the trees and the river. I love the sight of there sun rising over the Tetons each morning and the sight of a giant harvest moon creeping up behind those magnificent mountains each fall. I can't even describe the beautiful sunsets we enjoy at night, so many colors. 

St. Anthony is my home and I am so blessed to live here!




1 comment:

shannon said...

So glad you came and decided to stay!