Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Day # 6 - Gratitude Month

Today I was thinking how much fun it is to walk home from work and see our dog waiting anxiously for me in the window. He is always there, everyday, wagging his tail and eagerly awaiting my arrival. As soon as I walk in the door he greets me and expects a quick pet. I can count on him to be happy about my return and he counts on me scratch him behind the ears. We are there for each other. 

I didn't have any pets growing up. I always wanted a dog. I'm sure my childhood, which was great, would have been even better with a dog. When we moved to St. Anthony, we somehow, almost without knowing, began acquiring pets. We have had salamanders, fish, frogs, a guinea pig, a hedgehog, cats, and dogs. I have not enjoyed all of them but the kids have. However, our two cats, Snowball and Moose, were fun to have around and loved by us all. But my favorites, without a doubt, have been our dogs. Our first dog, Cruiser, was the best dog EVER. He was our favorite family member. We are still heartbroken about having to put him down. After four years, we still cry. Now we have Buddy, who has taken more work to be loved. He is a rescue dog and has survived a pretty tough life. But, he is totally loyal, patient, and long suffering. We love him, too. 

So, today I am grateful for pets! 




 

No comments: